With Safetac® Technology, Flexible Polyamide Net, Transparent, Flexible, Sterile
Mepitel® is a porous, transparent and flexible wound-contact layer with micro-adherent properties. It consists of a flexible, polyamide net coated with a soft, silicone layer (Safetac®).Mepitel® is a wound-contact layer that can be left in place for up to 14 days depending on the condition of the wound. The long wear time of Mepitel® reduces the necessity for frequent, primary dressing changes. The porous structure of Mepitel® allows exudates to pass into an outer absorbent dressing. The Safetac® layer prevents the outer dressing from sticking to the wound and ensures atraumatic dressing changes. The Safetac® layer seals around the wound edges preventing exudates from leaking onto the surrounding skin, thus minimizing the risk of maceration.
- Minimizes pain and trauma at dressing changes.
- May remain in place for up to 14 days which in turn ensures undisturbed wound healing.
- Open mesh structure allows for application of topical agents and passage of exudate into secondary dressing.
- Enables less frequent dressing changes.
- Minimizes the risk of maceration.
- Maintains product properties over time – leaves no residues and does not dry out.
- Transparent for easy wound inspection during application and during wear.
- Conforms well to body contours, promoting patient comfort during wear.
- Stays in place; conforms well to body contours.
- May be cut.
- Low potential for skin irritation and allergy.