Antimicrobial, Safetac® Technology Adhesive, Cut to Size, Sterile, Silver, Latex-Free
Mepilex® Ag is a foam dressing for medium exuding chronic or acute wounds like venous leg ulcers or burns, where an antimicrobial action is indicated. According to a recent international experts consensus, antimicrobial action is indicated to help reduce bioburden in infected wounds and to act as an antimicrobial barrier in wounds at high risk of infection or re-infection. Infected wounds are painful wounds that need the best of treatment. Mepilex® Ag is a dressing with Safetac® technology, and therefore proven to minimize pain and skin damage at dressing changes. Mepilex® Ag is clinically proven to heal burns faster and with less pain and cost compared to silver sulfadiazine.
- Minimizes pain at dressing changes.
- Gentle adherence, conformable and soft.
- Rapid and sustained antimicrobial activity.
- Does not slip under dressing retention and can be cut to size.
- Releases silver for up to 7 days.
- Proven effective on common bacteria found in wounds.
- Begins to work within 30 minutes.
- Minimizes risk of maceration.
- Won’t damage the wound or surrounding skin on removal.
- Use under compression bandages.
- Lift and adjust without loss of adherent properties.