Antimicrobial, Highly Absorbent, Non-Adhesive
Molnlycke Melgisorb® Ag Calcium Alginate Dressing is a highly absorbent, alginate dressing with CMC and ionic silver that kills bacteria for up to four days. It is made of soft, alginate fibers formed into a nonwoven material. The superb, wet strength of these alginate fibers do not allow the dressing to disintegrate in the wound bed so it may be removed easily in one piece. It can absorb large amounts of exudates, up to 18 times its own weight.
- When absorbing, the alginate fibers form a soft, moist gel providing a moist environment conductive to wound healing.
- Soft, moist gel does not adhere to the wound site, thus reducing trauma and pain during wear and dressing change.
- Assists in supporting the control of minor bleeding in superficial wounds.
- Gel blocks lateral wicking of exudate thus reducing maceration.
- Ideal for deep, highly exuding, cavity wounds at risk of infection.
- Can easily be removed by irrigating with normal saline.
- Suitable for use on wounds that are critically colonized.
- Helps in reduction of bacteria in sacral pressure ulcers.
There are no reviews yet.