Algicell® Ag Calcium alginate dressing is designed to be effective in the management of critically colonized or infected wounds.
- 1.4% Ionic silver provides long-lasting, measured release for seven day effectiveness.
- Absorbs 16% to 32% more than the market leader, reducing maceration risk.
- Effective across a broad range of bacteria.
- Optimal gelling capability ensures that the dressing doesn’t stick or leave fibrous residue in the wound bed.
- Helps to strengthen dressing when wet.
- Minimizes fibrous residue.
- Maintains a moist environment, conducive to wound healing.
- Remains intact and facilitates ease of removal.
- Indications: Reduces the risk of infection in moderately to heavily exuding wounds like diabetic foot ulcers, leg ulcers (venous stasis ulcers, arterial ulcers and leg ulcers of mixed etiology), pressure ulcers/sores (partial and full thickness), donor sites, traumatic and surgical wounds.
- It is not indicated for treatment of third degree burns, patients with a known sensitivity to alginates or silver, or control of heavy bleeding.
There are no reviews yet.